- Cedar Rapids Rentals offers a full listing of apartments available for rent throughout Cedar Rapids.
- Iowacityrent.com offers a full listing of apartments available for rent throughout Iowa City.
- Catherine McCauley Center for Women The Catherine McAuley Transitional Housing Program is unique in Iowa, providing unaccompanied women over the age 18 with a safe place to live and an individualized program of guidance and education to help them stabilize their lives.
- HACAP Transitional Housing/Chronically Homeless Program is a resource for homeless individuals and families to move from economic dependency and hardship toward economic freedom and self-sufficiency. Transitional housing is a compliance-based program that exchanges subsidized housing and access to quality child care for an individual’s commitment to improving life skills, maintaining employment or status as a full-time student in a degree program.
- Hillcrest Family Services Transitional Housing The residents of the Transitional Housing Program are homeless families who meet HUD’s definition of homelessness and who wish to involve themselves in a temporary (up to 24 months) supported housing program. Families will be asked to make a commitment to working in the program prior to acceptance into the program.
- The Safe Place Foundation 527 6th Ave SE, Phone 319-366-3430
- American Red Cross Grant Wood Area Chapter serves the residents of Benton, Buchanan, Cedar, Delaware, Iowa, Linn, Johnson, Jones and Washington counties in Eastern Iowa. The Grant Wood Area Chapter assists area residents prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters and other life-threatening emergencies.
- Cedar House Shelter 603 2nd St SW, Cedar Rapids, phone 319-364-2630
- Emergency Housing Project - 320 E. College St, Phone 319-338-5416
- Foundation 2 Youth Shelter is an emergency shelter for youth, between the ages of 11-17, who are experiencing a personal or family crisis, which makes it necessary to temporarily live away from home.
- HACAP (Hawkeye Area Community Action) HACAP’s housing programs for low-income households work to sustain current housing and utilities. Programs for homeless households provide housing and resources to transition people from a homeless economic condition to self-sufficiency.
- Housing Authority – Iowa City works to improve the quality of life for clients, acting as a community leader on affordable housing by providing information and education, housing assistance, and public and private partnership opportunities.
- Madge Phillips Center for the Homeless Women and Children provides shelter and stabilizing resources for homeless women and their children. The Center offers basic needs, information, strategic referrals, one-on-one support, and skill development so women can achieve and maintain self-sufficiency and family stability.
- Mission of Hope Shelter offer a Christ-centered ministry 24 hours a day, seven days a week to meet the physical, emotional & spiritual needs of former offenders and others in need. Also meals daily.
- St.John of the Cross-Catholic Worker House 1027 5th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, phone 319-362-9041
- Willis Dady Emergency Shelter provides immediate shelter to homeless single men and families in a safe, clean, and caring atmosphere, which promotes progress toward ending the cycle of homelessness.
Housing for Seniors and Disabled
- Abbe Center for Community HealthAging Services provides transitional and residential services in Marion, Iowa. The staff at the Center utilizes a multi-faceted approach to meet resident needs through individualized treatment in a supervised and structured environment.
- Chatham Oaks Iowa City offer care and housing for people over the age of 16 with a mental or physical disability.
- Hillcrest Family Services Transitional residential program consisting of 5-bed group homes for adults diagnosed with a serious mental illness
- Iowa City Special Needs Facilities support a number of supportive housing facilities occupied by persons with special needs. These residential facilities serve persons with physical and mental disabilities, persons who are elderly, youth, and substance abuse patients.
- Project Independence 4002 Sherman St NE, Phone 319-393-4799
- Systems Unlimited Systems Unlimited provides supported community living services to children and adults in their own homes.
indicates a rich resource of many other links.